What you’ll learn
- What is Jest testing library and how to use it to write Unit and Integration test for any React Js application.
- How Software development and testing takes place in a real live project in any company
- What are Behavior driven development (BDD) and Test driven development(TDD) and the difference between the two techniques.
- We will also learn to create react app and functional components. Then write tests for these components.
- We will also see how to Mock real API calls for our integrating test.
- We will learn to create Backend Node Express API
- We will learn to make API calls from React app to our backend
- How to debug your test
Zero to Hero in Jest Unit and Integration Testing with React. In this course you will learn about jest testing library and how to use it to write Unit and Integration test for any react Js application.
We will start by learning how does software development and testing takes place in a real live project in any company.
Then we will learn about the importance of automation tests and importance of writing unit and integration tests.
We will then learn about Behavior driven development (BDD) and Test driven development(TDD) and the difference between the two techniques.
We will also learn to create react app and functional components. Then write tests for these components.
We will also see how to Mock real API calls for our integrating test.
All these and much more we will learn in handson based approach in a step by step manner.
Following is the sequence we will cover the various topics:
0-Introduction video – Course Overview
1-Why we need Testing and SDLC
2-BDD vs TDD Testing Approach
3-Types of Testing – UT, IT, E2E
4-Creating React App and Adding Testing Capability
5-Creating Some DOM elements for Basic Testing
6-Writting and Running our First Test
7-How to get the Role of an Element
8-Understanding difference between getBy queryBy and findBy
9-Code Hands-on for getBy queryBy
10-Requirements for Unit Test Cases
11-Setup project structure and install react extention
12-Test case for Feedback Form Onload Scenario
13-Grouping similar Tests in one Describe block
14-Adding user interaction to our Test with the help of fireEvent
15-Understanding React Project Flow and Structure
16-State variable and useState hook
17-React Functional component and JSX
18-Developing the Feedback Form
19-Testing the Application manually and with Unit test
20-Using userEvent to test user interaction
21-Unit test Requirement for Feedback Overview component
22-Feedback Overview Test for No Feedback Found
23-Feedback Overview Test for 2 Feedback Found
24-Developing the Feedback Overview Component and Passing data
25-Executing the test cases
26-How to Improve your test cases
27-Requirements for Integration test scenarios
28-Implementing Integration test Scenario 1
29-Implementing Integration test Scenario 2
30-Developing the functionality of adding new feedback
31-Requirements overview for Mocking API calls
32-Installing MSW library
33-Creating MSW handler for create feedback
34-Setting up the mock server
35-Update the Integration test based on API call
36-Make API call for saving feedback via fetch method
37-How to Debug the Test case
38-Deep dive into understanding the Integration test and Mock server flow
39-Backend Node API and testing Frontend with Real backend
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to become a Professional Fullstack developer that understands the importance of writing tests for your application