What you’ll learn
- Create Extensible Stylesheets to transform XML
- Understand the XML Node Tree
- Apply XSL Template Rules
- Generate HTML from XML
- Use XSL Conditional and Looping syntax
- Sort the nodes in the output
- Address the nodes using XPATH
- Learn relative and absolute addressing
- Learn and Use the various XPATH Functions
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of Eclipse IDE will help but not required
- Knowledge of HTML will help but not required
Sample of the reviews: XSLT XPATH and XQuery Fundamentals
A clean tutorial, very useful, unfortunately we are obligated to develop on Eclipse IDE. I know we have other alternatives and this course is the fundamentals, that’s why I gave it five stars, the lessons were most important then the Eclipse. \o/ Thank you so much teacher, I hope use it in the future… too close future. – Rodrigo Chagas de Miranda
Good intro course to the topic. Easy to follow along, pacing is good, and sections are broken up into chunks that don’t drag on too long. Another good course by this instructor. – Jim White
It certainly was a good match. This course had provided me with the basics of XSLT, XPath & XQuery. The material was presented in an easy to follow format and the exercises certainly helped to grasp the concepts. This will help me to move to more advanced concepts and will certainly apply this in my day to day duties. Thank You! – Sergio Sabás
Learn the fundamentals of XSLT, XPath and XQuery.
If you know XML, XSLT is easy to master. This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of each component of XSLT:
- You will learn how to create XSL document and provide transformation instructions through templates.
- You will address the XML Elements by learning the basics of XPATH.
- You will apply your understanding of XSL and XPATH to navigate and transform a XML Document.
- You will then Learn the XQuery syntax and use it to query a XML document.
Adds value to your resume
Adding XSLT, XPath & XQuery in addition to your current Development skills will look great on your resume.
What are the requirements?
- Eclipse IDE(Installation is covered in easy setup section)
- A basic understanding of HTML and XML
What am I going to get from this course?
- Become a navigator of XML by learning the basics of XPath
- Apply your understanding of XSL and your ability to navigate using XPATH to XSLT
- Use your new XPath & XSLT skills to manipulate and transform your XML
- Use Query syntax to query and transform XML
Who this course is for:
- Students with XML Background
- Developers who want to transform XML
- Students with out XML knowledge should not take this course