What you’ll learn
- Identify the principles that support successful public relations.
- Articulate the value of public relations for people and organizations.
- Understand how public relations can be used to achieve desired results
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a public relations professional
- There are no prerequisites or prior knowledge need for this course.
Top 10 Principles of Public Relations. This course provides a top-level view of the public relations profession and answers questions such as, “What is public relations?” and “How can I be a successful PR professional?” My more than 30 years practicing and teaching public relations went into the creation of my top 10 foundational PR principles. Whether you just want to know more about public relations or take your PR career to the next level, this course is for you.
Beginner or mid-level practitioner, this course will help you develop more effective PR strategies and tactics, and teach you the secrets of building long-term relationships, delivering tangible results, and keeping your bosses and clients happy.
The public relations industry has changed dramatically over the last 10 to 20 years. Old maps of the PR field are no longer useful; and new maps will need to be updated continually in order to be helpful. This is course is not a map, but rather a compass.
The principles in this course are designed to guide you through your PR career no matter how the terrain changes. I have hundreds of former students who are using these principles today to help manage the public relations efforts of major corporations in Silicon Valley and beyond. And I’m sure these principles will be helpful to you as well.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT: You will also get one additional video that guides you step-by-step through writing an effective news release.
Who this course is for:
- Public relations practitioners or people who are exploring the PR profession.