What you’ll learn
- The main goal is to make you an overall more dynamic pianist with the ability to improvise over any song in a beautiful, expressive, and melodic way
- By the end of this course you will know how to play and dynamically improvise all over the piano
- Learn the most essential theory needed to understand the construction of chords and scales which is foundational to being able to improvise all over the piano
- You will learn how to improvise and create meaningful melody using notes within chords, scales, and intervals but in a powerful new way
- You will learn how to apply these piano techniques to any chord, any key, and any song
- You will develop tons of new “piano vocabulary” you can use to play over any song in any genre and style of music
- You will master your ability and understanding of intervals, inversions, and transitions
- You will learn and master new chord transitions in a skillful melodic way.
- You will learn the art of writing and how to improvise your own piano solos
- You will develop some tremendous skills on your left and right hands and melodic capability. These skills set apart amateurs from professionals.
- You will learn how to express and play beautiful piano music in a way that will capture the heart of your audience
- With the understanding of how chords and improvisation works, you will be an all round better, more confident pianist ready to take on any song
- Get insight to how I approach playing a song with examples of me playing and walking you through what I’m doing within the song.
- You’ll be a better singer-songwriter as you learn how to express chords when you sing and play the piano at the same time
- The course is designed to help you discover your own unique ability to improvise and be creative when playing
- You’ll be pulled out of the “box” that conventional music education teaches and into a whole new world of powerful piano expression
- You will learn advanced piano techniques that will set you above the crowd
- Your piano playing will sound fuller, richer, and more melodic by the time you’re done with the course
- If you have a basic understanding and beginner level training prior to this course, it will help but it is not necessary. The foundational section will give you a firm foundation to learn all the material.
- The course is designed in such a way that it will help students at beginner to intermediate levels without the need to read sheet music or excessive theory.
- A passion to want to be better on the piano and the humility to learn and work on the techniques one lesson at a time
“The Heavenly Piano Masterclass” is an inspiring piano course developed by musician and recording artist Mark Shian to help piano players take their playing to greater heights through the understanding of piano improvisation using the power and knowledge of intervals. His experience in the studio and stage has been crucial to the development of this unique piano course. The goal here was not to just make another piano course that teaches things you can’t really apply to real world situations but to really give you effective tools, skills, knowledge, and vocabulary that translates to greater expression on the piano no matter what song it is you’re playing.
No time is wasted learning unnecessary theory or boring scales. This course is designed to cut right into the heart of dynamic piano playing. The understanding of these principles and techniques can be applied to all styles of music. By the end of this course, you will be able to play and improvise like a professional using techniques not taught in conventional piano education.
The course is designed to be accelerated, this means that what would take a typical piano student years to learn through conventional training can be learnt in this course in a fraction of the time. You will be given a unique understanding of playing techniques that will help you develop a sound that is dynamic and unique to you. This is important because Mark believes that every pianist should have a unique musical fingerprint and identity. In light of this, this piano course has been developed to help you discover your own unique sound as a piano artist, improviser, and songwriter.
What students are saying :
“I can honestly say that this is the best way to learn the piano. The difference with this course and others is that this one will train you to become a musical professional while others will only teach you to play the piano.” – Josh B
“Finally a course which deals with chord and melody playing on a higher level! I have never got such a push to play more interesting chord transitions and melodic development as in this course. It opens up a new world! This is definitely one of the best courses on Udemy.” – Rainer W
“This course provides a huge amount of great information. Anyone who devotes the time and attention that the course deserves will improve their piano playing immeasurably.” – Steve L
“The course was put together in an orderly fashion with alot of love and time. I couldn’t believe how good it was to learn and experience techniques that are different from other courses.” – Crystal M
“Very Beautiful course. Must have for anyone who really want to enjoy piano while learning. Was looking out for such a course from the past few weeks and now I can truly say I have found one.” – Lenin F
Mark’s playing style can be used in all modern singer/songwriter, contemporary, pop, rock, and worship music. The core of his techniques and methods are taught in a way so it can be applied to any style and genre of music. If you are in a band or worship team and want the tools to be able to express yourself in a way that captures the hearts of the audience, with no time wasted on learning classical scales and pieces that don’t help, this program is for you. This course focuses entirely on building you to become a more expressive and dynamic piano player.
The course begins with a foundational section to help beginners understand basic music theory concepts before moving to the development stages to improve your playing ability. The intermediate section represents the core of the Masterclass. In this section, Mark shares all the techniques he uses to create dynamic sounding piano music and breaks it down step by step to allow you to follow along and adopt. The advanced section of the course covers advanced techniques as well as coaching on musicianship and songwriting. This section also has video examples of Mark playing and singing and showing you how to perform and express a song in a singer-songwriter situation.
The Masterclass ends in the advanced section with Mark demonstrating and walking you through four of his songs in his newly released piano solo album “Dwelling in the Glory”. Through this process, he explains exactly what he is doing as he is playing the song to help you understand and achieve the same level of playing ability. The Heavenly Piano Masterclass was designed to be an accelerated piano course. The rate of improvement in playing ability and expression should far surpass the speed of conventional or classical learning for the average musician.
All students who sign up for this course will receive a FREE High Quality MP3 DOWNLOAD of Mark’s newest piano album “Dwelling in the Glory”. The download will be available inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- My target students are ones who are at a beginner to intermediate level seeking to get to an advanced level of expression on the piano.
- This course is perfect for anyone playing in popular, contemporary, worship music wanting to play at a more professional level
- Singer songwriters and musicians at all levels will find this course very helpful as it cuts out any jargon or time wasting learning things that won’t help make you a better player.