What you’ll learn
- Learn the core Sketchup skills required to model faster & more efficiently.
- Learn how to use certain Sketchup Plugins to take your modeling skills to the next level.
- Understand Vray lighting, materials, settings, render elements & more to create amazing Photorealistic Renders
- Learn from a Real-Life Apartment Project as we model & render a Contemporary Bedroom, Furniture, Modular Kitchen & more Interior spaces, STEP-BY-STEP.
- Understand certain Interior Design standards and styles required to design a space functionally and efficiently.
- Learn to Leverage Sketchup Plugins to create blankets, pillows, curtains & more.
- No prior experience is needed. You will learn everything you need to know
- A computer with either Windows or Mac to install all the software & sketchup plugins to model & render your favorite Interior Design space.
- A strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and plenty of excitement about the awesome new Sketchup modeling & Vray rendering skills you will acquire in this Interior Design course.
- Nothing else! It’s just you, your computer and your hunger to get started today.
The Complete Sketchup & Vray Course for Interior Design. You’ve just stumbled upon the most complete, in-depth Sketchup & Vray course for Interior Design. With over 20,000+ students enrolled and hundreds of 5-star reviews to date, these comprehensive Sketchup & Vray tutorials cover everything you’ll ever need.
>>> Updated at the start of August 2022 (Model & Render a Living Room Scene with Vray 6 for Sketchup | Learn the Photographic Approach of Rendering – MASSIVE UPDATE) <<<
>>> Updated at the start of December 2021 (Model & Render a Living Room Scene with Vray 5 and Sketchup 2021) <<<
>>> Updated at the end of November 2021 (Introduction to Sketchup 2021 for Absolute Beginners) <<<
>>> Updated at the end of July 2021 on how to create a Photorealistic Chic Bedroom) <<<
***ALL NEW SECTIONS ARE ADDED TO THE TOP OF THE COURSE***
Shruti says, “Yes, I absolutely love this course and have gained so much knowledge ever since I started these lessons. Would definitely recommend this to my friends who would like to brush up on their basics as well as learn the fine details in designing on software like Sketch up.”
Aparna says, “Just Wonderful! Before this course, I only know how to click interactive render without even adding any lights or settings. Now I know, whats Interactive and Main rendering is, lights, materials, plugins, settings etc. Loved learning this course and also instant clarification of doubts.”
Jhoe says, “Excellent SketchUp course! The instructor utilizes the power of SketchUp and Vray with Post-Production…and very easy to follow. Highly recommended!“
Varun says, “Wonderful experience. It helps me a lot to start my interior design firm. I was from an IT background after taking this course I mastered 3D design.”
This course is designed to jumpstart your Sketchup, Vray & Interior Design Journey, wherein we take you Step by Step with a Real-Life Apartment Project and get you up & running to design your favourite Interior Design space efficiently, quickly and in the right way.
Why this Course?
- Comprehensive coverage of the essential tools to design a bedroom, modular kitchen & more – Learn not only how every tool works but also how to apply it in the right way in your Sketchup workflow.
- Downloadable Resources – Exercise files like Sketchup Models for every lecture & section so you can follow along step by step.
- Learn from an Expert – I’ve been using Sketchup for over 10 years and I will be sharing all my skills and secrets which has helped me model faster, efficiently and most importantly, amaze my clients.
- Monthly Updates – This course will be updated on a monthly basis with new high-quality tutorials and resources and you will get an in-depth understanding of how to design a modern contemporary bedroom, modular kitchen & more.
- Taught by an Architect & Interior Designer – We not only learn about modelling & rendering in Sketchup, but you will also learn useful interior design tips, standards, and secrets along the way from the instructor who has over 6+ years of experience in the Industry.
- Access to Exclusive Sketchup & Vray Library – All our students will get exclusive access to our Sketchup Library for every Interior Design space worth over 150$. These models can be imported directly into your scene and rendered since it comes preloaded with Vray materials.
Who is this Course For?
- Interior Designers
- Students of Architecture & Interior Design
- Construction Professionals
- Anyone with an interest in 3D Modelling in Sketchup
- Anyone with an interest in 3D Rendering with Vray Next for Sketchup
(note that this course will be taught on the windows version but the same techniques can be applied in Mac as well)
What you will Learn?
It is crucial that when you learn Sketchup, you start with the right fundamentals (which is also easy to pick up). Once you’ve picked up on the fundamentals of 3D Modelling, we jump into more advanced topics using specific Sketchup plugins, to take your modelling to the Next Level.
This course is divided into Six Projects
Prior to Project 01, we will have the introduction and how to install Sketchup, Vray & all the essential plugins
Introduction to Sketchup for Absolute Beginners
Before we start with the projects, we will start with the fundamentals. This section is perfect for absolute beginners who are new to the Sketchup World.
- Introduction to Sketchup Interface
- Introduction to Sketchup Tools.
- Introduction to Sketchup Default Tray
- And everything Sketchup + Practice Projects
Project 01 – Vray 6 for Sketchup | Living Room Masterclass (Added in August 2022)
Introducing the photographic approach (the MCLR Workflow) to rendering, a MASSIVE update to the course. Let’s make high-quality interior visuals FAST with Sketchup & Vray using the MCLR workflow. And yes, we will be using the latest version of Vray & Sketchup for this section.
Upon completing this section, you should have the skills & knowledge to create high-quality visuals FAST! You can even call yourself a CG artist!
Practice makes Perfect! Continue learning the course with new projects as shown below:
Project 02 – Model & Render a Photorealistic Chic Bedroom with Vray 5 and Sketchup 2021 (Added in July 2021)
In this project, we will learn to use Vray 5 and Sketchup 2021 respectively, to model, render and post-produce a Contemporary Chic Bedroom. We will also showcase some additional plugins which come in really handy while designing interiors such as profile builder, floor generator and sketchuv. Towards the end of the project, we will create an additional sectional perspective render that would definitely “wow” your clients.
Project 03 -Modeling a Contemporary Bedroom (Sketchup 2020 & Vray Next)
In this project, we will start with the fundamentals
- We will learn to import images & CAD into Sketchup
- How to model our walls, floors, ceilings, doors & windows.
- How to model our Bedroom Placeholders
- How to model our Wardrobes, Study Tables, & TV Units.
We then learn some Advanced Sketchup Modelling Taught in this Course
- Learn to model Beds using the Artisan Tools & SubD
- Learn to model Curtains using Clothworks
- Learn to model Blankets & Pillows using the Clothworks tool.
- Create a Studio and import from 3D Warehouse the Right Way!
- Create a Bean Bag in the Studio
We then jump into the world of photorealistic rendering with Vray Next for Sketchup.
- We will be introduced to the Vray Interface & the Vray Asset Editor
- We will learn how to set up Vray Lights in our Bedroom and use an important lighting system. (Photographic Approach with the Archgyan Lighting System)
- We will learn to create Vray materials like metal, cloth, wood, glass, glossy, matte laminate sheets.
- We will also learn to use Vray-Fur to create rugs & carpets, Vray-Infinite plane, Render elements, and loads more.
- Finally, we learn how to render our final image using vray settings and also learn post-production techniques using Photoshop.
Project 04 – Model & Render a Swing Wardrobe with Sketchup & Vray Next (Added in March 2020)
In this project, we will learn how to create a Swing Wardrobe in Sketchup as per interior design standards. We will learn the importance of composition and how to render the swing wardrobe in a Studio setting using Vray Next.
Project 05 – Design & Render a Modular Kitchen with Sketchup 2020 & Vray Next (Added in April 2020)
In this project, we will learn to model and render a Modular Kitchen. We will learn about the various standards, vray materials, lights and more to create an amazing looking Night Render of our Kitchen. We will also learn how to change material colours on Photoshop instead of re-rendering them on Sketchup.
Project 06 – Design & Render a Contemporary Bathroom with Vray 4 and Sketchup 2020 (Added in May 2020)
Here’s what you will learn in this project:
- Create a Vray Library in the Vray Asset Editor
This will help you create your best Vray Library which you can reuse for all future work, modelling & rendering. Plus, I will be sharing the Exclusive Archgyan Vray Library with you.
- Creating Multiple Options in the Same View
You will learn to create multiple options for the same views by leveraging Tags (Layers) & Scenes. This is going to be super useful for all those Interior Designers out there.
- Create New Materials
We will learn about various new maps like the falloff maps, edges maps and more. We will learn to create bathroom wall tiles using in-built Vray Maps and much more.
- Add Vray Lights in a New Way
We will learn how to add lights in a new way and help you easily change the direction, cone angles & penumbra angle of spotlights.
- Leveraging VFB HistoryWe will learn to render a photorealistic bathroom plus we will learn to leverage VFB History to check out before & after of Renders.
Project 07 – Model & Render a Living Room Scene with Vray 5 and Sketchup 2021 (ADDED IN DECEMBER 2021)
In this brand new project, you will learn to recreate a realistic Living Room render with all the new features of Vray 5.
Here’s what you get to learn in this workshop:
- We’ll start off the Sketchup model and learn how to create our room from an imported DWG file.
- We will learn to design our living room space using various 3D Warehouse Models and Chaos Cosmos models. (you’ll get a deep-dive on how I design Interior spaces)
- We will set up the camera using different compositional techniques in Sketchup
- We will set up the lighting properly in the scene using some new techniques taught exclusively in this workshop.
- We will leverage VFB layers to boost our render further within Vray.
- We will create a fur material for our rugs using Vray Fur and learn its various parameters.
- We will learn to change the colours of our materials within the VfB window without having to use photoshop.
- We will learn additional post-production techniques in Photoshop and learn how to add a beach scene behind our windows.
Bonus Sections – Advanced Modeling in Sketchup
In this section, we will learn to use plugins to create beanbags, tufted headboards, parametric shapes and a whole lot more.
Bonus Sections – Advanced Vray for Sketchup Techniques
In this section, we will learn to share the latest features in Vray, advanced techniques and more.
Bonus Sections – Student Q/A Videos
We help enhance your renders and point out areas of improvement which benefits other students as well.
We will keep updating this course with new course content and add it to the future sections on a monthly basis. We will be updating our course description here as and when we release new tutorials and downloadable resources.
Special Features Provided
- Downloadable Scenes, complete with all V-Ray Settings
- Exclusive Sketchup & Vray Library for Interior Design
By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of Sketchup & Vray, and you will be well on your way to creating amazing renders for your clients.
Who this course is for:
- Interior Designers
- Construction Professionals
- Furniture Designers
- All those related to design & those who have an interest for 3D Modeling
- Beginner to Advanced Sketchup Users
- Beginner to Advanced Vray Users
The download link is being prepared 50 Seconds...