What you’ll learn
- Learn how to properly lift and carry objects while minimizing impact on health and mobility
- Learn how to check a load for weight prior to lifting
- Learn how to use tools and lifting apparatus in aid in moving objects
- Learn the relevant OSHA standards related to this topic
- Learn how to work safer when doing work related to this topic
- Increase your workplace safety and health skill set
- Get certified and become more valuable in the workforce
- No experience necessary. Everyone welcome.
The purpose of this class is to teach you the safest and most effective way to move objects in the course of your job duties. Lifting objects improperly can have both short-term and long-term effects on your health and mobility, especially when older.
This training will help anyone who must lift objects at work, but it will be particularly applicable for workers who move heavier items on a regular basis, such as warehouse workers.
This course will teach you the best safety practices for material handling including maintaining form through a lift, identifying travel paths in advance, using lifting apparatus, and knowing when you need help.
This course is intended to provide safety and health training in compliance with Federal OSHA and State OSHA training requirements such as Cal OSHA. If you have questions, you may ask our instructors, and they will respond to you within a short period of time, as outlined by OSHA standards.
The training will cover all the required elements outlined in Federal and State OSHA standards to ensure that your training meets or exceed the minimum required training. If your training has a time requirement, the content of the training has been designed to meet that requirement.
The training is developed by our in-house, real trainers with twenty years of experience working in the field and with real crews and is trusted by public agencies throughout California.
There are no prerequisites required for this course. The course will walk you through all the elements required to be successful and complete any questions or quizzes or testing that may be required.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has to lift any object at work