What you’ll learn
- Master the fundamentals of Kubernetes
- Kubernetes architecture
- Buzzwords and jargon clearly explained
- What a “cloud-native microservices” application actually is
- How Kubernetes is a cluster and an application orchestrator
- How to take application from code on a developers laptop to a running application
- How to deploy, break, self-heal, scale and perform rolling updates on a simple application
- Keeping everything simple, explaining everything as we go
- No prior Kubernetes knowledge needed.
Quick Start Kubernetes. If you want to learn Kubernetes, or if you need to get your head around what it’s all about whilst getting a hands-on learning experience, then this is the course for you. You’ll learn the theory whilst also getting hands-on practice.
You’ll start out learning and re-enforcing the fundamentals of Kubernetes. In the theory sections you’ll understand the architecture stuff, things like, what the heck is a cloud-native microservices app, and what do we mean when we say things like “Kubernetes is a cluster and it’s an application orchestrator…”. All buzzwords and jargon will be clearly explained.
We’ll take a typical look at a workflow of how you take an application from code on a developers laptop to actually being a running application.
When we’re done with the theory we’ll move to the hands-on learning.
You’ll learn how to deploy a simple app, demonstrate self-healing, scale it up and down, connect to it from the internet, do a zero-downtime rolling update, and perform a versioned rollback.
It’s your course, so you can choose to either follow along with the hands-on practice, or if you just want to watch, that’s totally your call.
Check out “what you will learn” for further insights.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn the basics of Kubernetes.
- Also, DevOps, Cloud-native, Cloud architects, Sys admin, Cloud engineers