What you’ll learn
- You will learn Quaternion and Matrix in Houdini
- You will have deep understanding of vex coding
- You will have solid knowledge on how to use Houdini.
- You will learn how to create Mystique Effect in Houdini
- You need to at least know the basics of Houdini.
- knowledge of vex coding will be helpful but not necessary
- Hello everyone! This course will show you all the steps involved in setting up an mystique effect in houdini.
- You should have working knowledge of Houdini before enrolling in this course.
- I will provide the hip file and there are no extra assets to download (only mixamo animation, you can find free anim online), all you need is just Houdini software.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me and I will try my best to answer.
- This course will be using Houdini 19, you should have no problems following along with the lecture videos with lower versions.
Breakdown of the course: Mystique Effect in Houdini with Vex
- Introduction to quaternion and matrix with easy example
- Fix problems we find in previous lessons.
- Use the same code on a static object.
- Try creating the same effect on an animated object.
I will be presenting a very straight forward and approach to creating an FX shot like this. I also demonstrate a lot of small examples when I introduce a new concept.
If you have been using Houdini for a little while, you should have no problems following this course.
We will not cover the rendering part because the course is focusing on creating the mystique effect, but feel free to ask rendring questions.
I hope you enojy the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wants to learn how to create visual effects from scratch.
- Anyone wants to learn vex programming.
- Anyone wants to get more advanced content.