What you’ll learn
- Make a range of seamless repeating patterns in Photoshop
- Work more confidently in Photoshop
- Create designs suitable for print on demand products, and digi-scrapping
- Prepare patterns ready for upload for sale online
- Use a range of handy Photoshop tools and techniques
- Create stripe, chevron and polkadot patterns
- Understand where to find design requirements for Print On Demand sites
- Understand the difference between a swatch and a pattern filled document
- Draw and edit shapes in Photoshop
- Use layers and layer blend modes
- Size and recolor any pattern
- Use Adobe Capture inside Photoshop
- Create a range of basic and more advanced patterns
- Make Patterns to Sell in Adobe Photoshop – A Masterclass
- You should be able to use your PC or Mac at a competent beginner level.
- You should have a current version of Adobe Photoshop CC installed on your computer
- The process for creating every pattern is fully explained
Make Patterns to Sell in Adobe Photoshop – A Masterclass Make Patterns to Sell in Adobe Photoshop – A Masterclass
Learn to use Photoshop by making useful designs
Are you ready to learn Photoshop? Do you want to increase your Photoshop knowledge? Do you want to expand your graphic design skills?
This course is for you. It’s a fun and a practical way to learn Photoshop.
Here you’ll “learn by doing” as you make a range of seamless repeating patterns. You can use these patterns for Print on Demand, fabric printing, scrapbook papers, stock images, backgrounds and more. You can even paper a room with them by uploading them to Spoonflower and make your own wallpaper. You can also print these designs on notebooks, pillows, mugs, soft furnishings and more on sites like Zazzle and Redbubble and sell your designs. There are literally hundreds of ways to make use of the patterns you’ll make in this course and you’ll be so proud when you say “I made that”.
Who is your trainer?
Helen Bradley has taught thousands of students to use Photoshop and Illustrator. She doesn’t fluff about and is focused on helping you learn to use Photoshop in a practical and smart way. Her workflows are carefully structured for maximum success and she explains everything so you know the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’ of any process.
Helen has a huge commitment to her students’ learning – she answers all student questions and often adds extra videos to a course to help students with questions that others might also benefit from learning from.
What will you learn?
When you complete this course, you’ll:
– be able to create a range of different types and styles of patterns in Photoshop
– have extended your knowledge of Photoshop tools
– have learned new tips and techniques that you can use every day
– be able to confidently create pattern filled objects for a range of design and commercial uses
Do I hear you say “…but I don’t know how to use Photoshop (and frankly, I’m scared of it)”?
I’ve been there.
Photoshop can be really scary to use when you first start out.
… but I’ve created a better way to learn Photoshop. One that makes it a lot less scary and a lot more fun.
You see, you’ll learn to make patterns you can sell, give away on your blog, and use yourself. So you’ll be making designs that you can do something with at the same time that you are learning Photoshop. There’s no waiting! There are no hours of learning before you can get started doing something. In fact you can start today. Complete the first few lessons and you’ll have your first patterns made!
Do I hear you say “… but I can’t draw”?
No problem! If you can use a mouse you can complete this course.
Quite simply, you don’t need to be able to draw. In fact many designers can’t draw and yet they make fantastic designs and great products.
If you can draw – great! If you can’t draw – don’t worry, you’ll be able to succeed in this course even if drawing isn’t a skill you have mastered.
Are you ready to extend your Photoshop skills?
If you already know the basics of using Photoshop, taking this class will elevate your skills to a new level. You’ll learn to use tools and techniques in a practical situation and you will learn three very different ways to make patterns in Photoshop. In short, you’ll reinforce your existing knowledge as you apply it to real world designs. And if we use tools you’ve never used before – great! You’ll learn to use them fast and easily so you understand how you can put them to work in your daily workflow.
Do I hear you say “Please don’t waste my time”?
If there is one thing I hate it’s wasting time and you probably do too.
So, I don’t say “um”, I don’t fluff about, I don’t make mistakes, I know my stuff and I show you how to do things efficiently and effectively. I speed up the videos where appropriate so you don’t get bored or distracted.
I’m 100% focused on helping you learn.
In short, I’ll get straight to the point and I’ll maximize what you learn in every class.
What version of Photoshop do I need?
For this course around 70% of the patterns can be made in practically any version of Photoshop but around 30% cannot. There are two separate sections in the course to pay attention to if you are using an earlier version of Photoshop. One focuses on the use of Adobe Capture inside Photoshop to make patterns and the other uses the new Pattern Preview tool – both of these sections require you to be using a current version of Photoshop – that is Photoshop CC 2022 or later. That said, I do recommend that, if possible, you upgrade to use the most recent version of Photoshop to get the most from this course.
Will I just learn to make patterns?
Well Yes, and No!
Yes, you’ll learn to make patterns – lots of wonderful seamless repeating patterns. Each pattern has been chosen for a reason, there are the basic patterns like polka dots and stripes which are foundation patterns that everyone should know how to make. You’ll also learn to make checks and chevrons and patterns of overlapping shapes because each pattern teaches different techniques.
In addition to making patterns you will learn to recolor your them and you will learn to assemble a range of designs into an illustration you can use to market your designs. You will also learn what some of the most popular Print on Demand sites will require you to upload so you can sell your designs there.
How will I learn?
This course is made up 100% of video content. You’ll watch my screen as I show you how each pattern is made. I’ll explain what I am doing and why so you can learn as you watch.
There are a couple of times you will need a starter photo or image to follow along with me and I will give you those images so look out for them in the lecture resources.
I hope you will join me in this Photoshop class. I look forward to meeting you and I invite you to contact me if you have any questions as you work through the lectures.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Photoshop users who want to learn Photoshop in a fun and practical way
- Anyone who knows a bit about Photoshop and who wants to advance their knowledge, and learn to design using a smart workflow
- Anyone wanting to make patterns for sale online or personal use (eg. scrapbooking, stock)
- Self taught Photoshop users will gain value by extending their knowledge of tools and techniques
- Designers who want to create scrapbook paper designs for online sale
- Anyone who wants to create patterns for Print On Demand for sites like Spoonflower, Redbubble, Zazzle and Etsy
The download link is being prepared 50 Seconds...