What you’ll learn
- What is YAML?
- Overview of YAML data serialization language and its benefits
- Overview of various use cases of YAML
- Building a deep understanding of YAML’s syntax and its supported data types
- Using simple and complex data types of YAML to model data
- Generating powerful structures using nested containers
- Ability to create, understand and maintain structured data using YAML data format
- Working with anchors in documents
- Usage of advanced features of YAML
- Various tools for creating YAML effectively
- There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
- However, basic knowledge and familiarity with HTML, XML or JSON would be helpful.
Learn YAML from Scratch.
YAML stands for YAML Ain’t Markup Language. It is a very popular data serialization format for storing configuration data or exchanging data between people and computers. It is more human-readable and concise than XML or JSON. It has now become a key technology for creating complex configurations in various modern technologies like automation, testing, containerization, cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) deployment, DevOps, etc.
About this Course
In this course, we will go through a comprehensive overview of the YAML data serialization language and YAML syntax. You will also cover the basic concepts behind the YAML language and understand the main features and capabilities of the YAML processors.
This course is for Software Engineers, Full Stack Web Developers, DevOps Engineers, Software Architects, Managers, and Hobbyists; wondering what YAML files are?
Every software engineer looking to create structured data in a compact and human-readable format should learn YAML (YAML ain’t markup language). YAML is a key technology for creating complex configurations in various modern technologies related to automation, testing, containerization, AWS/Azure/GCP cloud deployment, DevOps, etc. This course covers YAML specifications in their entirety in a very to-the-point manner.
Learning Objectives for this course are:
- What is YAML?
- Build a thorough understanding of YAML syntax.
- How to use primitive data types in a YAML document.
- How to use complex data types in a YAML document to model data.
- How to use advanced features of YAML processors.
- Comparison of YAML with other popular data formats like JSON and XML
- How to represent data using YAML files.
- What are the different styles and special features of YAML?
- Get to know tools and technologies that leverage the YAML format.
- How to create YAML documents effectively.
- How to validate YAML files.
- Learn about various tools for creating valid YAML documents effectively.
After taking the course, you would add YAML to your skillset in less than an hour. You will have a great new skill that is transferable and highly applicable. This course is aimed at software engineers of all levels, from beginner to advanced, who want to get updated with YAML syntax.
Buying this course entitles you to all future updates.
This course is aimed at software engineers of all levels, from beginner to advanced, who want to get up to date with YAML syntax. There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, basic knowledge and familiarity with HTML, XML, and JSON would be helpful.
The course is backed by carefully designed quizzes and engaging exercises. In addition, this course also contains video lectures, reading materials, associated presentations, source codes, and references to the latest tools, frameworks, and libraries related to YAML.
After completing this course, you would also earn a YAML certificate to add to your LinkedIn profile, resume, or personal website.
Learning about YAML would be very beneficial for today’s software engineers. Below is a list of some of the popular software tools and frameworks that make extensive use of the YAML data format.
- DevOps – CircleCI, Travis CI, Azure DevOps, Jenkins X
- Frameworks: Spring Boot,
- Automation: Chef Automate, Ansible
- Container: Docker, Kubernetes
- Documentation: Swagger,
- and many more …
Check out what existing students have to say about the course:
>> Amazing Course Nicely explained. Very helpful for beginners to learn easily from basics and get expertise. The core topics are covered in-depth step by step with live examples and all fundamentals concepts, I truly enjoyed learning this course very informative and highly recommended to everyone, and I am waiting eagerly to learn more topics Thanks Tarun Telang wish you all the best..!!!
>> Hi Tarun, I think you have covered everything required. I was not aware of YAML before, and now when I am studying AWS cloud formation, then I realize the content you have covered is very much useful. Thanks for the course.
>> Great course on Yaml
>> The simplicity with which the trainer has explained this topic is appreciable. even a beginner can understand it very well with clarity. I very much liked the comparison used among JSON, XML, and YAML to explain the concepts, which helped me to understand the context of YAML Usage.
>> Good coverage for what I needed.
>> very well explained
>> Thorough overview of YAML.
Who this course is for:
- Software Engineers,
- DevOps Engineers,
- Full Stack Web Developers,
- Software Architects,
- someone with basic understanding of YAML but curious about knowing its advanced features.
- or, anyone who is wondering what YAML is?