What you’ll learn
- Develop your job description writing skills
- Create an effective description-writing process
- Identify who should be involved in the job description write-up and revision process
- Craft the perfect job description outline to structure an appealing description
- Avoid legal and ethical taboos
- Publish job effectively
- Use a job description after the hire
- Make a poignant and attractive job role description
- No requirements needed.
Are you a professional involved with the recruitment process? Are you struggling to find ideas that make your position stand out among competing organisations? Through this course, you’ll improve your job description writing skills so you can win top talent.
In this day and age, the job market is inundated with new opportunities promising a myriad of benefits, development opportunities, and attractive career paths. Competing for top talent is becoming increasingly difficult, and it all starts with one thing – the job description.
Each potential candidate has their ideal positions in mind, and top talent can pick and choose, so refine your description process and get the advantage in the competitive ritual of attracting promising new hires.
This course is designed to help with every step of the process. You’ll learn how to attract high-quality talent at the onset, starting with a succinct and effective job description outline. You’ll learn how to make eye-catching and captivating advertisements for any position.
This course covers the foundational elements of crafting an effective description. We’ll review the essential components of a job description and give you insights on how to write and revise them. You’ll learn everything you need to include, as well as what not to include, from both legal and aesthetic perspectives.
We’ll also cover how to make your job posts more marketable, how to appeal to different audiences, how to use your descriptions in the onboarding and performance review processes, and who should be involved in crafting your descriptions.
You’ll walk away from this course with the tools necessary for writing clear, concise, and engaging job descriptions, increasing your confidence on a continual basis. If you’re ready to enhance your job description skills, join us now.
Who this course is for:
- Hiring managers who want to write compelling and concise job descriptions
- Department managers seeking the ideal candidates for various roles
- Recruiters responsible for posting marketable job ads
- Human Resources personnel ensuring the accuracy of their company’s job descriptions
- Legal team members concerned with reviewing job descriptions