What you’ll learn
- Perfumery Fundamentals
- The Evolution and Fashion of Fragrance – how perfume evolves through the ages.
- The Olfactory System – the importance of our most underestimated sense of smell.
- Perfume Materials – what they are and their use in perfumery.
- Natural Isolates – what they are, how we create them and why they are used in perfumery.
- Popular Aldehydes – important materials used in perfumery and how Chanel broke the mould using them in abundance in the most iconic perfume of all time.
- Pheromones in perfumery – how they affect fragrance, which natural materials are high in pheromones and used frequently for ‘sexy’ perfumes.
- Extraction Processes – how we get the end product out of plant material and how the different processes affect the aroma profile of oils.
- Oil yield of Raw Materials – here you will understand why some oils are so much more expensive than others.
- Shelf life and Aging Oils – how long oils last, the best ways to store and how (like women) some oils get better with age.
- Perfume Terminology – popular terms used in perfumery and what they mean.
- Perfume Intensities – know your Eau de Cologne from your Eau de Parfum.
- Perfume Themes – how perfumes are classified with examples of famous perfumes and discover how to identify their unique characteristics.
- The Perfume Triangle – understand the top, heart and base notes, how they affect your fragrance, and when some oils can be more than one.
- Smelling the Notes – smell the notes in the perfume triangle so you can understand the differences and how they can affect the longevity of your fragrance.
- Fragrance Families – what they are, why they are classified into families, their uses in perfume and why you need to know the differences.
- A Fragrant Journey Through the Families – a fragrant odyssey as we smell oils from each family, to determine their differences and similarities
- No Prerequisites are required as the course is aimed at complete beginners.
- You will need access to some oils so you can learn how to train your nose, the list is available in the curriculum.
LEARN FROM AN EXPERIENCED PERFUMER & TRAINER
If you want to learn the principles of perfumery from a teacher who created a scent for Carlsberg, created her own range of natural perfumes, designed fragrances for global brands… AND developed perfume workshops for Toyota, then this is the course for you!
DISCOVER THE TRUE FACTS ABOUT PERFUMERY & NOT MARKETING MYTHS THAT BIG BRANDS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE!
“Join me, Melanie Jane, on an odyssey through Fragrance where you’ll learn the fundamental aspects of perfumery as I demystify the often-confusing world of fragrance. I will share my knowledge of perfumery whilst giving you a unique insight to my 25 years’ experience with a goldmine of insider tips and tricks!”
- PLUS a bonus video about aromatherapy principles – something you need to know if you intend to make natural perfumes.
- FREE eBook which includes information from the course!
- FREE Flip Book! PERFUMERY 101-22 Things You Need to Know Before Making Perfumes & Launching Your Brand.
A 7-part course with 2hr and 36 minutes of engaging video content including popular perfume FAQ’s. The videos are from module 1 of my CPD accredited Natural Perfumery Diploma.
I have put the lessons into bite size pieces, so you can get a sniff of the wonderful world of fragrance. Perhaps it will determine if you want to pursue a career in perfumery or even become an INDIE PERFUMER and start creating your own scents!
You don’t need any oils to go through the course, but it will help your journey if you can get your hands on some of the ones that we cover, so you can better understand your materials.
I would appreciate if you could complete the course before submitting a review as all the best stuff comes in the second half!
See you in the videos!
**PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO PRACTICAL SESSIONS IN THIS COURSE AND IT DOES NOT SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE A PERFUME. IT IS MEANT TO BE AN INTRODUCTION TO PERFUMERY WHICH IS IMPORTANT TO LEARN BEFORE YOU START CREATING PERFUMES.**
Who this course is for:
- People interested in learning about perfumery
- Anyone pursuing a career in the fragrance or flavours industries
- Anyone curious about how perfume is made
- Anyone at entry level in the cosmetic or fragrance industry
- Perfume Sales People
- Cabin Crew selling perfumes
- Skincare Formulators
- People in the F&B industry
- People in the fashion industry
- Drink Mixologists