What you’ll learn
- Electrochemistry Basics – Chemical concepts to understand the foundation of Fuel Cells
- Definitions and History – Simple definitions, history connected to political and economic motivations
- Fuel Cell Chemistry – Fundamental processes in a Fuel Cell and how their efficiency is influenced
- Types of Fuel Cells – Broad overview of Fuel Cell types, where they are used and what makes them unique
- Focus Lectures – Deeper look in the engineering and the individual components of selected Fuel Cells
- Applications – Economic viability of the Fuel Cell technology in transportation
- A desire to think outside the box and towards material application
- Basic nomenclature of chemistry (helpful but not required)
Hydrogen Fuel Cells – From Chemistry to Engineering. You are a professional, a student, a teacher or just interested in general in the principles of Fuel Cells? Then this is the right course for you!
In this course, we will cover various concepts, reactions and applications of Fuel Cells. For this purpose we will start at the very beginning, picking you up and introducing into some fundamental concepts of Electrochemistry. We will shine light on various aspects of Fuel Cells by looking at question of Chemistry and Engineering. Additionally, we will also discuss Economic aspects of this technology.
The concept of this course is not to only give textbook explanations to things and to explain models. Instead it aims at using your knowledge to understand the bigger picture and apply the knowledge you gained.
The curriculum of this course will allow you a step-by-step introduction by covering the following topics:
- Electrochemistry Basics – Here you will learn some chemical concepts to understand the foundation of Fuel Cells
- Definitions and History – We will talk about simple definitions, components of Fuel Cells and have a look at their history connected to political and economic motivations in their development
- Fuel Cell Chemistry – This chapter will help you to understand the fundamental processes in a Fuel Cell and how their efficiency is influenced
- Types of Fuel Cells – We will have a broad look over certain Fuel Cell types, where they are used and what makes them unique
- Focus Lectures – In this parts we will have a deeper look in the engineering and the individual components of selected Fuel Cells
- Applications – Here we will discuss the economic viability of the Fuel Cell technology in transportation and the viability of Hydrogen as a energy source in general
Finishing this course, you will be able to talk about the operational principle of Fuel Cells, employed materials, explain which parameters influence their operation and where they can be found / applied!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in basic principles of Fuel Cells
- Anyone who wants to gain a broader understanding of Fuel Cell Chemistry and Engineering
- Anyone who is interested in Renewable Energies
- Anyone who aims to review and broaden material chemistry knowledge