What you’ll learn
- Identify the key components of project management, apply project management skills in a workplace setting
- Learners will learn how to make decisions on the job, especially in challenging situations.
- Develop an action plan for implementation that involves multiple stakeholders and establishes clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations for all parties
- Learners will be able to manage projects and teams, including leading them and motivating them.
- Manage projects more effectively by identifying and mitigating risks.
- Make more informed decisions about project timelines, budgets, and scope.
- Improve project management skills through regular learning and practice
- Learners will understand how to build and maintain relationships with other people in the project management cycle
- No prerequisites – Come one, come all
Human Resources (HR) Project Management & Leadership. Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a successful project manager? Need to learn how to manage and lead your team on your next project? Are you a team leader or project manager looking for ways to improve your project management skills? Do you need to learn how to manage projects, but don’t want to spend months in a classroom?
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of project management and leadership through a series of lectures, discussions, and hands-on activities. Project management is a controlled process that manages complex projects and the resources required to complete them.
By the end of the class, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of how to lead teams through all stages of a project: planning and organizing; initiating, executing, and controlling; closing out the project. You’ll also have the skills necessary and an understanding of how leadership fits into the process of leading your team toward success on any team-based project. This course is designed to help students learn about the difference between project management and leadership and how they can be used in tandem to achieve success.
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident about managing any project or team without getting overwhelmed.
Who this course is for:
- The intended learners for this course are HR professionals who want to improve their leadership skills and project management capabilities. They would like to develop the skills necessary to better manage projects with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- The HR professionals who will benefit most from this course are: HR Managers, Project Managers, HR Directors or Executives, Employee Owners
- It’s also useful for more experienced project managers who want to hone their skills and make sure they’re always up-to-date with the latest practices and processes.