What you’ll learn
- Understand the proposal process for a government bid.
- Understand how to read a government RFP to find all proposal submission requirements.
- Understand how compliance with the RFP can win or lose your proposal.
- Understand seven steps for writing any proposal section.
- No experience in government sector needed but it is helpful for understanding the context of this course. This course is also useful for people who have experience in preparing RFP responses as it includes useful tips for winning.
How to Write a Proposal Response to a Government RFP. Winning a government contract is not easy or everyone would do it! Whether it’s a State/County Request for Proposal (RFP) or a Department of Defense RFP you’re responding to, the process is complicated, exacting and time sensitive. There is no room for error, and you are typically competing against dozens (or even hundreds) of other bidders.
There is a lot of information on the internet promising to show people how to win government contracts by watching a 20-minute video here or by attending a one-day workshop there. The reality is it takes a lot of time (years) and knowledge to achieve success in the government market.
But if others can do it, YOU can do it.
Start learning how with this beginner/intermediate course developed by one of the most successful Proposal and Business Development Managers in the government market.
This course provides sufficient detail about what is REALLY required to prepare a winnable response to an RFP.
Course Description: Comprehensive explanation and real-world examples of all the elements of preparing a winning government bid.
Course Objective: Participant will gain a comprehensive understanding of the processes, best practices, and resources required to prepare and submit a government bid. The course lessons are:
Lesson 1: Proposal Team Roles and Process
Lesson 2: Understanding the Solicitation Sections
Lesson 3: Determining What Goes into Your Proposal
Lesson 4: Writing Proposal Content
Lesson 5: Conducting Proposal Reviews
Lesson 6: About the Price Volume
Lesson 7: Proposal Production and Quality Assurance
Lesson 8: Submitting Your Bid
Who this course is for:
- Companies or individuals who want to understand what it takes to win a Federal or Department of Defense contract. Comprehensive explanation and examples of all the elements of a winning, compliant proposal.
- People who want a comprehensive explanation and examples of all the elements of a winning, compliant proposal.