What you’ll learn
- Know how to play fun vocabulary games with children under 6
- Know how to use simple objects to create fun Language activities
- Know how to teach young children to have simple conversations in English
- Know how to teach pronunciation to young learners
- Have ideas on how to engage young children with fun physical games
- Have the teaching skills to start your own English teaching business (for children in K)
- No teaching experience is needed!!
- You need to know English well
How to Teach English as a 2nd language to Young Learners. Do you want to open your own teaching business or do you need to teach English to very young children?
Then this digital course is for you!
Kids are, by nature, energetic and have short attention spans, so classes with kids should be full-on, and with many different physical activities!
Children also need a special way of speech, attitude and strategies to learn well
This short digital course will help you acquire the right skills, as a teacher, to teach young children!
What should you know about the course?
There are 10 digital video lessons
Videos are from actual lessons with actual children
There are many game ideas and demonstrations
No reading or writing: only vocabulary, social interaction
(production, reception, interaction)
Games with simple objects like:
Hand puppets, dice, flash cards, books, toy cars, other toys and more ..
Different types of games:
Games where students move around, jump, sing, respond, mime animals, wear things, draw and more!
You will also learn how to teach short dialogues:
What songs and activities you can use to make them start speaking short guided conversations?
You will also learn:
How to use your voice and intonation correctly so students will know how to pronounce the words
What is the right pace to teach young children?
How to teach vocabulary through physical games.
Who this course is for:
- People who like children and want to start their own English teaching afternoon business
- Teachers in schools that want new ideas on how to teach the English language to very young children
- Teachers who teach at schools and have teaching experience and want to start their own afternoon business and teach young children English in the afternoon
- This course doesn’t contain business tips and doesn’t explain how to open a business. The course gives you the pedagogical knowledge, skills needed and ideas to use in class.