What you’ll learn
- Student will learn the language through listening to correct pronunciation and speaking of Hawaiian words and phrases using song and repetition exercises
- Student will practice current phrases that are commonly spokes and words that are commonly used in every day speaking and sentence making
- Student will practice a common everyday phrase, different ways to answer, as well as learning proper protocols and ettiquette for Hawaiian Language and culture
- Student will practice the sounds for the letters of the pi`apa, the Hawaiian alphabet because more practice helps to make for smoother speaking as well
- No requirements or experience necessary, just come with an open heart
How to Answer “HOW ARE YOU?” in HAWAIIAN. Answer the question, “HOW ARE YOU?” In Hawaiian and practice the different responses to that question. Many times, people want to respond to common questions in Hawaiian, but lack the confidence to do so.
This course is for you, the person who wants to know more about Hawai`i and the Hawaiian Language but has never gotten to experience it. This is a beginner class that will help you get a good understanding of how to say each letter of the Hawaiian alphabet sounds.
There are 13 letters in the Pi`apa – the Hawaiian alphabet, A E I O U H K L M N P W `. You will learn the different sounds for each of the letters and how to say each letter and word through common phrases, songs, and repetition. You will learn the pitfalls of how not to say words that are comm=only mispronounced, and learn the meanings of words that you will practice saying.
Listening is also a big part of learning any language, so you will have the chance to listen and repeat words, letters, phrases, and song lyrics.
It will set you up for success in your speaking and give you the confidence to say Hawaiian words.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning Hawaiian Language Learners and curious learners who love Hawai`i and the Hawaiian culture