What you’ll learn
- Learn to see like a professional designer
- Master the universal laws of visual communication, like Closure, Continuity, Similarity and Simplicity
- Understand how viewers interpret visual information to create effective compositions at will
- Be able to predict how people (and clients) will react to your designs
- Make critical decisions much faster throughout the whole design process
- No prior knowledge in graphic design or psychology is needed for this course
Design is all around us, and it’s a huge part of our daily lives. But have you ever stopped to think about why certain designs are effective, while others are not?
Welcome to the exciting world of Design Psychology!
In my new series, we’ll be exploring the secrets of how design can be used to influence human behavior.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of how people perceive the world around them, and how you can use that knowledge to create more effective and persuasive designs.
Trends come and go, but the underlying psychological principles that drive human behavior remain constant. By understanding these principles, you’ll be able to create designs that will appeal to people all over the world, regardless of current fashion trends.
So join me on this journey of discovery, and learn how to use the power of psychology to create designs that will make a lasting impact.
Who would benefit from this course the most
If you are a graphic, motion, UX or interior designer then you will love this course!
This course is designed to help you understand the universal laws of visual communication, so that you can confidently make decisions about your own design work. You’ll learn how to see like a seasoned professional designer, spotting the slight errors (or brilliance) in any design concept. And you’ll understand why and how something works or doesn’t work.
By understanding the universal laws of visual communication you will gain confidence in making critical decisions on your design, and that will not only speed up your design process but will give you a guideline throughout it.
You will start to see like a seasoned professional designer, noticing the slight error (or brilliance) in any design concept, understanding how your audience will see it. You will know why and how something works or not.
Think about this for a second! How would this knowledge translate into earnings for a freelance graphic designer or UX designer? Simply the ability to predict how people will react to your designs?
What will we cover in this course?
We’ll explore the practical Psychology of Design in depth with visual examples:
- Understand the universal laws of visual communication, so that you can confidently make decisions about your own design work.
- This course will teach you the most effective application of the Gestalt principles, so you can create designs that are not only visually appealing, but also highly effective.
- Learn about Closure, Continuity, Similarity and Simplicity and how they can help you design better visuals.
- Understand how viewers interpret visual information, you can create compositions that are both effective and pleasing to the eye.
- Make critical decisions much faster throughout the design process with this easy to understand
Mastering by examples
Thanks to the hundreds of real life examples we will go through together, this will be a really entertaining, fun course that you will really enjoy to follow and find easy to understand.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a deeper understanding of how the human brain processes information and how you can use this knowledge to create more effective visual designs.
About me and my new Graphic Design Theory Series
The Graphic Design Theory Series (Design Psychology is the third part) is the essence of my 15+ years of teaching graphic design, and 20+ years of working as a freelance designer at the highest level.
I was fortunate to teach more than a 100.000 students worldwide and was voted as one of the 5 best Adobe instructors of the World. Here in Udemy, some of my courses are all time best sellers and are considered the best in their category.
The challenge of teaching Design Theory is that everything is related, and I have a very effective and unique approach to explore this amazing subject in an enjoyable, easy to understand manner, that will help you to build deep understanding in it fast.
I’m inviting you to one of the most eye-opening journeys in your Graphic Design studies, exploring the mysteries of human perception!
Come along, let’s start this journey together!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who work with visuals would greatly benefit from this course.
- Creative professionals (graphic-, motion-, UX-, interior designers)
- Front end developers
- Marketing managers working with creative agencies