What you’ll learn
- Learn what textures are and how to apply them
- Learn how to blend textures with your photos in Adobe Photoshop
- Learn how to use your tablet to make your own textures
- Get creative with your photography and enhance your artistic expression
- I will be using Adobe Photoshop as well as an iPad Pro. If you wish to follow along, you’ll need a current version of Photoshop.
Get Creative with Photographic Textures. Have you been curious how other photographers have been creating such unique imagery with their photos? I’ll bet that some of them are using this technique. In fact, they even used textures on photos in the film days! Yes they did! This class will show you how to add textures to your images for a super-artistic look and feel. I’ll show you how to choose textures that will compliment your image, change the mood, and enhance empty space. You’ll see a step by step demonstration in Adobe Photoshop of how to blend textures with layer masks, blending modes, and more.
I’ll even show you how you can create your own textures any time in the future. This is going to be fun and you’ll be amazed what you can do with your photos! You’ll need a recent version of Photoshop to follow along. Photoshop Elements will work too. Don’t forget to download the free textures I have provided for you to experiment with. They’re one’s I created myself and you’ll see how easy and fun it is to create them yourself.
A basic understanding of Photoshop Layers is helpful but not required. It will just make it easier for you to follow along. I’ve been teaching this class for nearly a decade. That’s how much fun and popular textures are.
Who this course is for:
- Photographers who wish to enhance their artistic expression through the use of texture imagery.