What you’ll learn
- Understand ergonomic risk at the computer
- Analyze computer workstations to make customized ergonomic recommendations.
- Understand the purpose and benefits/concerns of specific ergonomic products
- Make computer based ergonomic product, environmental, body mechanic, and stretching recommendations.
- Put knowledge into practice with case studies.
- No course requirements. Beginners are welcome.
Ergonomics for HR. In this course, students will learn how to reduce workers comp claims for employees working at their computer. Whether you’re a new HR grad or a seasoned professional, taking this course will establish you as the go-to ergonomic expert. You will be able to help employees comfortably return to work after injury, reduce office discomfort, and prevent claims from occurring in the first place. Students will learn the basics of COMPUTER BASED ergonomics. With our case-study assignments and motivating quizzes, students will learn how to identify ergonomic problems, how to make appropriate ergonomic product recommendations, and how to integrate strategies to maximize wellness. You will learn, for example, what mouse to recommend for an employee returning to work after a wrist injury, what posture should employees sit in to avoid down the road health problems, and what stretches can counteract the affects of long-term sitting. Students who take this course can help a company:
- Become B-certified
- Reduce employee turnover, absenteeism, and inefficiency
- Lower workers comp costs
Anyone is welcome to this course. You do not need any prior knowledge or experience.
P.S. Here are some topics we’ll go over in the course:
- OSHA Office Ergonomic Tests
- Standing Desks
- Vertical Mice
- Ergonomic Chairs and Keyboards
- Preventing Eye Strain
- Neck, Back, Shoulder, Wrist, & Thigh Stretches
- Writing an Ergonomic Report
This class is for you if:
- You’re an HR or safety specialist interested in improving office wellness
- A physical therapist, occupational therapist, or chiropractor looking to expand your ergonomic knowledge
- An administrator interested in promoting wellness and ergonomics in the office
- Just someone who wants to learn how to improve health while sitting at a computer
If you fit into any of these descriptions, this course is for you!
Who this course is for:
- HR Specialists
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Safety Specialist
- Loss control agents
- Office Managers
- People Specialist
- Office Administrators