What you’ll learn
- Dive Into Ansible – From Beginner to Expert in Ansible Free
- Ansible Introduction for Beginners
- How to Effectively use Ansible Configuration Files
- Creating and Using Ansible Inventories
- Gathering useful information with Ansible Facts for Automation
- Understanding and using Ansible Modules
- How to use and Create Ansible Playbooks
- Effectively structuring Ansible playbooks with Includes, Roles and Tags
- How to use Ansible with cloud services and containers, AWS, and Docker
- Creating and Using Dynamic Inventories
- Creating and Using Ansible Plugins
- Creating and Using Ansible Modules
- Using Ansible Variables and Magic Variables
- Securing Information with Ansible Vault
- Advanced Topics – BuiltIn Modules, Parallel Looping, Conditionals, Task Delegation
- Troubleshooting with Ansible
- Using Ansible for validation and testing (and best practices)
- Automation templating with Jinja2
- Linux administration fundamentals/basics
- Course is from first principles, you will learn everything you need to know in a structured way
- Computer (Mac/Windows/Linux) for running the included Lab, or Internet Connectivity for the free web based Lab
Dive Into Ansible – From Beginner to Expert in Ansible Docker Captain and Industry Veteran James Spurin (25+ Years experience in Technology, a career spanning Engineering/Development and Senior Management at Goldman Sachs, Dell EMC and Virgin Internet) brings you The Most Concise Ansible Learning Resource Available! Taking you from Beginner to Advanced in one course!
Free Local Lab and Cloud based Ansible Environment included (can be run locally on Mac/Windows and Linux or online in your browser for free). The learning environment has been accessed over 250K times by students across the world!
Student Testimonial: “This course is complete, concise, and it will take you from zero to hero while explaining all of the concepts clearly and thoroughly. The Lab feature will get you started in no time, providing an amazing consistent and error-free environment to follow the course. I went from zero to managing my infrastructure reliably after this course. Highly recommended!!!”
What is covered in this course?
An introduction to the principles of Ansible is provided, along with simple hands-on activities that you may practice locally on your system or in your web browser. The course starts with Ansible’s fundamentals before moving on to Inventories, Modules, Variables, YAML, Playbooks, Roles and more including Ansible with AWS and Docker!
Every example is also provided in a convenient repository, allowing you to follow along exactly as per the video or as a starting base, for your own creation. Quizzes and challenges included throughout the journey to reinforce the learning experience!
What is different about this course?
The lab environment and hands-on learning gets you confident in learning Ansible from the offset and this sets this apart from other courses on the market. Within the first chapter, you’ll be hands on using Ansible rather than just looking at slides and all learning is reinforced along the way through beautiful presentations as well as challenges and quizzes. Just see what our students say –
Student Testimonial: “It has been an incredible experience completing this course. I must say that James has done a really good job at creating this training, the lab, the quality and dedication from him is rewarding on its own. Thanks James!”
Student Testimonial: “The way the lab is available both locally and on Google could is an amazing idea. The revision way of presenting is also a very good idea. It is one of the best structured trainings I’ve ever seen. Highly recommended”
Student Testimonial: “Great information and interactive course. Really goes in depth to help you under stand why something works. Really makes you understand how and why Ansible works”
I personally maintain and manage this course and am constantly updating it! It is now on it’s 2nd major revision since it was first published and there have been many minor updates, the course has been updated to reflect changes to version 2,3,4 and 5 of Ansible and will continue to be updated as Ansible changes.
All content is available in 1080p, the highest available in Udemy, select this within the player.
For those who like Subtitles/Closed Captions, all of these have been personally created rather than autogenerated and are accurate to the timing and vocabulary used in the course.
Why learn Ansible?
Firstly, it’s awesome and it will help you out both professionally and personally! Secondly, Ansible is a radically simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs. Designed for multi-tier deployments since day one, Ansible models your IT infrastructure by describing how all of your systems inter-relate, rather than just managing one system at a time.
March 2022 Update:
Course Introduction Update – Meet the Instructor!
Minor corrections across all content where external references have changed
Subtitles/Closed Captions created for all lessons
Google Cloud Shell Lab Instructions (run the lab using the Free Tier of Google Cloud Shell)
February 2022 Update:
Ansible lab updated to 5.3.0
Ansible Lab environment and Docker containers now available as Opensource
January 2022 Update:
All course content refreshed and updated! Improved visuals throughout as well as convenient on-screen QR codes for external resources (allowing you to quickly access with a phone/tablet). Refreshed links and fixes/corrections for minor changes. Introduction of the Ansible Gym learning challenges.
Updated to use the new v5 release of Ansible.
December 2021 Update:
Course lab can now be run from Google Cloudshell using a free Google account
June 2021 Update:
Updated to use the new v4 release of Ansible.
April 2021 Update:
Updated to use the new v3 release of Ansible.
The lab environment as well as supporting Windows/Mac & Linux on x86 based system, now also supports ARM architectures, therefore allowing the course to be run on the new Apple Silicon architecture (i.e. M1 processors onwards, requires a supported version of Docker Desktop) or Raspberry Pi 4’s.
December 2020 Update:
The course has received a major revamp and a brand new version has been released known as Dive Into Ansible, replacing the previous edition of Mastering Ansible. As an existing subscriber, you automatically receive this brand new version at no extra cost.
I’ve listened to all of your feedback and the new version brings with it some exciting updates. In particular –
- All of the course, has been updated to the very latest version of Ansible, which at this time is 2.10
- Python 3, is used as standard throughout the course
- The lab experience has been enhanced significantly. We’ve moved away from the Virtualbox based Virtual Machines and the lab runs entirely as containers in Docker! The lab can be launched with a single command and all systems, are now also accessible from your web browser!
- Hands on exercises
- A playbook project where we launch a website with a special easter egg, an Ansible themed game known as ‘Playbook Stacker’
About the Author:
James Spurin is a Docker Captain and IT professional with over 25 years of experience in a variety of technology fields including Internet Technologies, Automation, Software Development, Storage, Unix Administration and Management. He holds an MSc with Distinction in Computer Science, Software Engineering from Liverpool University.
Professionally he has worked for a variety of major organizations including Dell EMC, Goldman Sachs, Nomura, and Virgin Internet. He is an active contributor to Opensource software and is the creator and maintainer of XML Dataset, a Python library featured on the awesome Python list for parsing XML data. He is also a contributor to many Opensource projects including Ansible!
Who this course is for:
- DevOps Engineers
- System Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Those who wish to truly learn and master Ansible
The download link is being prepared 20 Seconds...