What you’ll learn
- Create Your 3D MOBA Game for Mobile Using Godot
- Write a 100% server authoritative game using Godot
- Learn optimization techniques for 60fps performance on Mobile devices
- Build advanced movement and combat mechanics across a network
- Create a Lobby/Room based system for matchmaking (4-8 players)
- Learn anti-cheating methods and mechanisms
- Get familiar with advanced network lag compensation methods (Reconciliation, interpolation, clock synchronization)
- Import and manipulate 3D models and animations from Mixamo to Blender to Godot
- Build manageable server/client code base that can scale
- Learn how to use particle systems to create special effects
- Familiarity with the basics of Godot engine and having some experience with it would help
This course will help you start your next 3D MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena) Game using Godot Engine and making sure it works on mobile devices!
The course is currently using Godot 3.x. It will be updated to Godot 4.x. once it is fully stable for mobile!
The course is carefully divided into 10 sections that contain videos relevant to each section.
You will learn the basics of importing 3D characters from Mixamo to Godot and how to setup a flexible animation Tree for your character. Then we will build the 3D environment by importing 3D assets into Godot and learning how to manipulate them, then we move into optimizing the assets for mobile devices using Lightmap baking in Godot, and we will go through implementing multi resolution and multi touch input features. You will also learn how to use the particle system in Godot to create special effects.
Next I will walk you through creating a Lobby/Room system for your Game. We will then address advanced game networking concepts such as entity interpolation, clock sync, reconciliation, etc.. and learn how to utilize them in your next Game through movement and combat.
More planned videos are coming soon: we will discuss how to authenticate players entering your Game and how to build and store user data.
By the end of this course, you will have a deep understanding of the concepts behind multiplayer networked games and on how to start creating your next 3D MOBA for mobile using Godot!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for game developers wishing to make their next multiplayer online game