What you’ll learn
- Volcano Terrain Modeling
- Terrain Shading and Surfacing
- Vegetation Preparation and Import
- Population Placement
- Lighting, Atmospherics, and Clouds
- Image maps for texturing
- Terragen 4 Software
- Classic Erosion Plugin
Create A Volcanic Lake In Terragen Ready to take the next step in Terragen? Build an epic volcanic lake with the creator of TerraTuts!
Expand and hone your Terragen skillset with this detailed step-by-step walkthrough for creating a dormant volcanic lake, surrounded by misty jungle. The course contains over an hour of high-quality Terragen tutorial content, with in-depth descriptions of node usage and Terragen settings. Along the way you’ll learn about:
- Laying out general terrain for the scene
- Surface detailing
- Erosion in Terragen with Classic Erosion
- Lakes and water shaders
- Dirt and rock shaders
- Using PBR materials and image maps
- Importing 3D models from SketchFab into Terragen
- Creating object populations
- Creating mist and clouds
- Lighting a scene
- Render settings
- Postwork for Terragen images
If you’re a beginning Terragen user who likes hands-on, project-based learning, or an intermediate user looking to pick up some tips and tricks and improve your workflow, this tutorial is for you. The skills you learn in this course are immediately applicable to many different Terragen scenes, and will boost the realism of your landscapes.
All Assets Included
All assets used in the course, including moss materials, fern objects, and the finished .tgd scene file are included for download in the project assets. We’ll also cover good places to obtain more assets to use in Terragen.
This course does require a basic knowledge of the Terragen user interface, and if this is your first time picking up Terragen, I recommend watching a few of the introductory videos on the TerraTuts YouTube page before getting started.
Who this course is for:
- Project-based learners, who want to build a complete scene start to finish.
- Beginner Terragen users ready to take their scenes to the next level.
- Intermediate Terragen users looking for tips, tricks, and workflow improvements.