What you’ll learn
- Create a game loop and learn the fundamentals of the pygame module
- Work with spritesheets to create various animations
- Work with Classes using Object Oriented Programming
- Create characters with AI
- Use tilemaps to create various game levels
- Add collision between the characters and the game level
- Knowledge and familiarity with Python will be helpful
Complete Pygame Tutorial – Create a Dungeon Crawler Free In this course you will learn how to use the very popular Pygame module by coding a dungeon crawler game completely from scratch. Since this is a Python module, we will also cover a lot of the fundamentals of Python in the process. This will include different types of loops, lists and even working with files on the computer.
The course will cover the fundamentals such as the game loop, keyboard inputs and drawings shapes and images onto the screen. This will give an introduction to Pygame and a refresher of Python if you haven’t used it in a while.
After that the course will move onto more advanced topics such as animation and level tilemaps.
We will also tackle AI within this project, by gradually building up layers of intelligence for the enemies, starting with simpler logic, such as having the enemies always run towards the player, to more advanced logic, where the enemies need to see the player before they can chase him.
The course includes a set of starter files to help you get the folder structure setup correctly from the beginning. Additionally, I have included my custom level editor so you can edit the levels and even create your own ones to add to the game.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python developers who would like to learn game development