What you’ll learn
- How to draw basic shapes
- Line variation and it’s implementation in different media
- Warming exercises
- The theory behind you creative choices
- How to use organizational lines
- How to use a Viewfinder
- The basic materials needed for drawing
- How to shade a ball
- How to draw landscapes
- How to draw in toned paper
- How to draw a human figure
- How to draw characters
- The different materials needed for drawing
- No previous knowledge of drawing required
- A desire to learn!
- A positive attitude!
Learn how to make great drawings!
Unlock all your creativity!
Have you always wanted to draw but you don’t know where to start? Are you a designer who wants to improve their illustration skills? Have you been trying to move out of your comfort zone while drawing? Whether you’re a casual artist or hoping to make a career out of it, drawing isn’t only for the pros. Regardless your level as an artist, your experience or expertise, this is the course for you. You can take your drawing skills to the next level and we’re here to teach you how.
In this course you will learn how to draw with an intuitive and flexible method mixing traditional observational techniques with gestural approaches. You will learn that drawing is a matter of observation and relational thinking.
During this course we will have an observational and an intuitive approach, we will begin by learning to observe before moving into rules and proportions. From still life set ups and objects, images and shortcuts, to the basic concepts of observational drawing through organizational line techniques. You will even exercise ideation skills through sketchbook activities, and so much more.
Our instructors have years of experience not only in drawing, but also in teaching, and the expertly crafted syllabus is designed to be easy to follow and thorough. We’ve even included plenty of examples and sketches for you to study. That’s why this is the only drawing course you’ll ever need to draw and sketch your own ideas like a pro!
Start drawing today!
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Draw complex objects and three-dimensional elements
- Find vanishing points, horizon lines and orthogonal lines in pictures
- Play with scale using three objects
- Make one point, two-point, three-point and seven-point perspective drawing
- Play with contrast levels
- Differentiate between foreground, midground and background
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to draw – no experience needed!
- Artists/designers who want to learn new styles of drawing
- Anyone with specialized needs (cartoonists, digital artists, illustrators)