What you’ll learn
- Master Lean Management and Lean Manufacturing since this course is designed for all sectors.
- Become a certified Lean professional. Globally accepted. Boost your career and salary. Join almost 100,000 students before you.
- Learn numerous techniques to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies from your work surrounding.
- Learn in a fun, practical and time efficient way with university staff from Holland with decades of combined experience on how to teach students efficiently.
- No prior experience required
Certified Lean Management + Manufacturing in Lean Six Sigma. Lean Management + Lean Manufacturing for Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification
Note: Optional and free certification and examination by Six Sigma Academy Amsterdam is part of this course.
Purpose of this Lean Management (which also includes Lean Manufacturing) training and certification
Six Sigma Academy Amsterdam was set up by a group of university lecturers/Lean Six Sigma Master black belts from Holland to make a change in Lean Six Sigma training and certification with the following characteristics:
- making the Lean Management (and Lean Manufacturing) for Six Sigma training and certification so that we bring accredited academic level education to your home.
- making the Lean Management (and Lean Manufacturing) for Six Sigma training and certification affordable.
- making the Lean Management (and Lean Manufacturing) for Six Sigma training and certification so that it is fun and engaging. Education is not suffering.
- making the Lean Management (and Lean Manufacturing) for Six Sigma training so that it is highly practical. We have eliminated the non-practical parts from the Lean Six Sigma training and focus on the practical parts. We do not just open some silly book about Lean Six Sigma and read it out loud to you. We know what is used in Lean Six Sigma practice.
- ASQ and IASSC aligned.
- Upon completing this course you earn 1 CEU credit, which is equal to 10 PDUs if you are one of our students who is trying to maintain a PMI license.
So far, we have trained and certified over 100,000 students worldwide.
Brief description of this course
This course aims to make you Lean Management (and Lean Manufacturing) certified, after which you can continue the process to become a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. There is a lot of confusion out there as to the order of the process which leads to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt which is considered to be the end station (for most) in terms of Lean Six Sigma training. If you wish to finish the entire journey, the preferred route is this:
1. Lean Management + Lean Manufacturing for Six Sigma training and certification
2. Lean Six Sigma White Belt + Yellow Belt training and certification
3. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification
4. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification
What is this course about?
Lean Management (which also includes Lean Manufacturing) is a separate methodology from Six Sigma. When people introduce themselves as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, that means that they are certified in Lean Management and subsequently have obtained their Six Sigma white belt, Six Sigma green belt and Six Sigma black belt. How do Lean and Six Sigma relate? Lean Management is a Japanese methodology that aims to reduce ‘waste.’ Waste is defined as any activity that does not add value for the customer. Many of the Lean practices and tools are actually used in Six Sigma. Lean Management feeds Six Sigma. Lean Management will help you cut costs drastically, regardless of sector (manufacturing or services).
What are some of the concrete things that you will learn?
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Recognize and mitigate the 7+1 forms of waste
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply 5S to improve layout
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) to quantify waste
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply Little’s Law to understand waiting lines
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply Lean visuals
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Draw Value Stream Maps and visualize supply chain problems
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Make use of Kanban to streamline communication
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Mitigate bottlenecks and speed up your process
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Optimize cycle times to reduce costs
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Draw and use the QFD House Of Quality to design products and services
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Move from Push to Pull production to reduce waste
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Implement a Just In Time (JIT) production system and minimize your inventory
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply production leveling (Heijunka) and respond to customers faster
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply Poka Yoke and make your products and services mistake-proof
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) and switch production faster
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Apply Jidoka principle to quickly find abnormalities
- Lean Six Sigma technique: Improve supply chains
We hope to welcome you soon.
Who this course is for:
- Lean is a methodology that is effective in every single sector. Regardless of whether you are working in IT, manufacturing, the military or health care. If you have a management position, an auditor position or a quality assurance position, this course is for you. It will boost your employability, skills set and salary.